- Parks & Recreation
Parks & Recreation
The Douglas-Coffee County Parks and Recreation Department strives to continue to improve its broad based recreation programs including sports, cultural activities, parks, and recreational facilities. In order to maintain our leadership, among comparable sized cities in the United States, we work diligently to ensure opportunities for all citizens in Douglas and Coffee County. The Douglas-Coffee County Parks and Recreation Department offers a wide variety of diverse, goal-oriented, affordable, and of course, FUN opportunities for youth of all ages and ability levels.
Key Ideals of the Parks and Recreation Department
- To provide competitive programming for different athletic disciplines.
- To provide recreational environment that joins health and spirit.
- To provide a comprehensive maintenance program in order to provide safe, clean facilities.
- To provide passive greenspace consistent with local and national standards
- To provide diverse entertainment opportunities at a reasonable cost
- To provide signature events and programming that has regional appeal
- To provide a recreational environment that pervades fiscal responsibility and efficiency
- To provide programming for special needs and senior adult populations
- To provide the highest level of professionalism and ethics
Parks & Recreation Commission
The Parks and Recreation Commission was formed to act as an advisory board to leadership regarding administrative matters with programs, facilities, and services of the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Link to Parks and Recreation Commission
Program & Service Areas
The Parks and Recreation Department supports programs and services that contribute to healthy lifestyles for citizens. These include:
- Link to Athletics
- Link to Cemetery
- Link to Facilities, Athletic Fields, and Parks
- Link to Johnson Aquatic Center/Pool
- Link to Miracle Field
- Link to Premier Athletic Sports Complex
- Link to Wellness and Special Programs
Annual Leisure Guide
Link to Leisure Guide 2023 (PDF) (Downloading may take a few minutes)
Registration is easy - either stop by our office or click below on online registration to register online!
Link to Online Registration
The City of Douglas and Douglas Coffee County Parks and Recreation (DCCPRD) are looking for volunteers to help keep our city parks clean. The "Adopt-A-Park" program has been in effect for several years. There are approximately 12 parks located in the city that are available for adoption.
The purpose of the program is to assist with upkeep of city parks for all who visit. Any individual or organization that chooses to participate with the program will make a commitment to maintain a park for a period of one year with the option to renew each year providing DCCPRD, nor, the volunteer cancels the agreement in writing. Responsibilities will include monitoring the park, maintaining plants, monitor trees for disease, limbs or hanging branches, edging sidewalks and keeping sidewalks clear of debris and weeds, regular litter pickup, keeping park signs clean and visible, and removing or reporting graffiti.
Link to Adopt-A-Park Application (PDF)
Have an Issue or Need to Report a Problem?
Our "One Click to City Hall" request tracker offers customers the ability to submit concerns and work orders to the City of Douglas.
Link to Submit Work Order
Link to follow us on Facebook!
Link to the Recreation Department’s Staff Directory.