In 1897, on eight acres of land located in Downtown Douglas, Coffee County’s first brick school building opened its doors and housed the Normal College and Business Institute. In 1908, two new buildings were added and the name changed to Georgia Normal College and Business Institute. The buildings, later known as Central School, continued to educate the youth of Coffee County until 1984 when they were demolished. Now, standing in the city block that contributed to the growth of Douglas and Coffee County, is Central Square Complex.
Within the Complex, Gymnasiums A & B have over 25,000 square feet of meeting space available for almost any size event. Also, there are four breakout meeting rooms available, as well as a caterer’s prep area and concession stand. Central Square Complex offers quality space for athletic competitions, exhibits, trade shows, and banquets.
For more information about a facility to host your next event, please contact Carol Goodman or call (912)384-5978.
Physical Address: 200 S. Madison Avenue, Douglas, Georgia 31533